What is breast cancer?
Cancer of the breast are abnormal cancerous cells that arise from the components of the breast. They spread to the local lymph nodes in the armpits, the opposite breast and other parts of the body.
What causes breast cancer?
Genetics – Some women have a genetic risk for developing breast cancer ( inborn inherited material that determine everything about us).
Ageing – Breast cancer is most common in women over the age of fifty.
Oestrogen – Obesity, early menustration, late menopause, hormone replacement theraphy and the pill, expose women to higher levels of the female hormone oestrogen, for longer, increasing their chances of breast cancer.
How would you know if you had breast cancer?
Changes in the breast including:
· Lumps , bumps or masses in the breast or armpit
· Discharge from the nipple
· Changes in the skin of the breast or nipple(dimpling, wrinkling, dryness, redness)
· Pain or changed sensation in the breast
All women should try to examine each breast and armpit once a month for any changes like skin changes or lumps. Any changes should be checked by your doctor.
Mammograms are a specialized x-ray used to screen for breast cancer. Depending on your family history and other risks, all women should have regular mammograms from the age of 49 to check breast cancer.
What happens if I have breast cancer?
Treatment for breast cancer depends on the type of cancer and how far it has spread. Treatment may include:
· Surgery – removal of the lump or breast to remove the cancer
· Chemotheraphy – chemicals that fight cancer are used to shrink the size of the tumour or
· Radiation – special forms of x-ray beams are used to shrink the size of the tumour
· Hormonal treatments – medications to suppress oestrogen are used to prevent cancer
What are the chances of recovery?
The chances of recovery from breast cancer depend on what type of cancer it is, how far it has spread at the time of diagnosis and the treatment given.
A daily consumption of fruits and vegetables can help alleviate symptoms of breast cancer.
Recommended nutritional supplements; Nature's 18, Fields Of Green, Forever Pomesteen Power, Forever Lycium Plus and Aloe Vera Gel.
Find us on Facebook
The statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the FDA. The products discussed are not intended to diagnose, mitigate, treat, cure or prevent a specific disease or class of diseases. You should consult your family physician if you are experiencing a medical problem.